One of my best guy friends is very much in the public eye. I can’t tell you who he is but I guarantee he is on your television almost every night. I have to laugh because when we go out for a cocktail, nothing makes him happier than vodka with cranberry juice. Here is this six-foot tall, muscular, extremely handsome man with a pink drink. Where as, I drink whisky, neat. Although, this is one pink drink I would throughly enjoy!
‘Eternal Optimist’ has subtle, fresh aromas of grapefruit on the nose which leads to juniper, vanilla, citrus and slightly bitter orange on the palate. It is brightened with raspberry bubbles that create a slightly sweet taste followed with a long lasting hint of ginger spice finishes this fizz off.
- 1.25 oz Meyer Lemon-Clementine Infused Tanqueray
- .75 oz Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- .5 oz Citrus-Ginger Honey syrup
- 10 raspberries
- 3 oz Fever Tree club soda
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Fine strain into a chilled Collins glass. Top with club soda. Garnish with raspberries.
Citrus-Ginger Honey Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Branches Citrus Blossom Honey
- ¼ cup fresh peeled and sliced ginger root
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring up to a boil. Turn down the heat and let syrup simmer for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool. Fine strain into an airtight container.
Lemon-Clementine Infused Tanqueray
- Rinds of 4 Meyer Lemons peeled as thin as possible
- Rinds of 6 Clementine Orange peeled as thin as possible
- 1 liter bottle of Tanquray Gin
Take the rind of four Meyer lemons and five Clementine oranges until you have approximately one cup of rinds. Place in a liter on Tanqueray. Let sit for four days shaking at least once daily. Fine strain into an airtight container.