‘Yucatan If You Want To’ begins with of flavors of Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon that is bursting with juicy, ripe berry notes. I then when mixed it with Mexican Coca-Cola to create an exotic Cherry-Coke. To make a complex syrup I combined Courvoisier Cognac VS revealing nutty buttered toffee notes. Followed by that I paired Dickel Rye’s vanilla, spice, caramel, and laced with coffee, bitter orange and coco found in Byrrh Grand Quinquina. All married together in a chilled coupe glass. ‘Yucatan If You Want To’? Yes, I want to and trust me so will you.
- 2 oz Dickel Rye
- 3/4 oz Byrrh Grand Quinquina Aperitif Wine
- 1 oz South of the Boarder Syrup
- 1 dash Bitter Truth Jerry Thomas’ Own Decanter Bitters
Combine all ingredients in a beaker with ice. Stir. Fine strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with a flamed orange peel.
South of the Boarder Syrup
- 12 ounces Mexican Coca-Cola
- 12 ounces of Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 cup Courvoisier Cognac VS
Combine all ingredients in an airtight container. Stir until incorporated.