A Corallo begins with Fortaleza Reposado and it’s natural slight toasted oak tasting notes, paired with hickory smoked pecan honey. The tequila is then layered with sharp, tart, apples in Calvados with a hint of orange spice using beneditine and bitters.
- 1.5 oz Fortaleza Reposado
- 1 oz Clear Creek Apple Brandy
- .5 oz Benedictine
- Dash Regan’s orange bitters
- .5 oz Hickory Smoked Pecan Honey
Muddle hickory smoked pecan honey with Fortaleza Reposado tequila in a shaker. Add Clear Creek Apple brandy, Benedictine and orange bitters. Add ice, shake, fine strain and pour into a chilled martini glass.Garnish with an orange peel.
- 1 Bottle (750 ml) Dickel No. 12
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 8 oz cup Stirrings Ginger Liquor
- 8 oz ginger beer
- ½ cup Prosecco
- 1 blood orange
Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl. Stir well. Cut blood orange into thin slices. Carefully place slices to the top of punch. Chill for half an hour before serving.
Ladle half a cup of punch into a red solo cup filled with ice. Garnish with a swizzle stick.
Mint Spring Skewers
I like to garnish this punch by putting a sprig of mint on a knotted bamboo skewer with a cranberry. It gives the cocktail at little holiday color.
- 1.5 oz Dickel Rye
- .75 oz Becherovka Liquer
- 1 barspoon clove and ginger honey syrup
- 1 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes Regans Orange Bitters
Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Shake well. Fine strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with a grapefruit peel.
‘Sugar Rum Cherry’ is full of butterscotch soaked in vanilla notes then layered with walnuts, dried fruit, pine with a root beer, and finishes with a cherry surprise.
- 1.5 oz Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 Rum
- .5 oz Cardamaro Amaro
- .5 oz Amaro Nonino Liqueur
- 2-3 dashes Root Beer bitters
- Cherry Garnish
Add all ingredients in a beaker with ice. Stir well. Fine strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with a brandied cherry.
- 1 oz Fortaleza Reposado
- 1 oz Calvados
- ¼ oz Cointreau
- ¼oz Fresh lemon juice
- Canard-Duchene Champagne Brut
- 4 Sage leaves
Muddle sage leaves with lemon juice at the bottom of a shaker. Combine Fortaleza Reposado, Calvados, and Cointreau with ice in a shaker and shake well. Fine strain into a champagne flute. Top with brut champagne.
- 1 oz Birch Bark Tea infused George Dickel Rye
- 1 oz Ron Pampero Aniversario Rum
- .5 oz fresh tangerine juice
- 1 bar spoon maple syrup
- 1 dash Jerry Thomas Own Decanter Bitters
- Ground nutmeg
Place all ingredients in a shaker. Shake well, fine strain into a martini glass. Garnish with fresh nutmeg.
Birch Bark Tea infused George Dickel Rye
Let tea bags sit in George Dickel Rye shaking occasionally for 12 hours or until Rye reaches desired taste.
I put three of my favorite spirits together for this cocktail. Clenynlish 14 year old scotch with its zesty mandarin, fiery oak, long lingering finish pairs nicely with Fortaleza Reposado’s deep butterscotch and cinnamon spice. Benedictine offers a wealth of spices including cardamom, cloves, spicy toffee and orange notes. This cocktail should be sipped slowly and savored.
- 2 oz Clenynlish 14 year old Single Malt Scotch
- 3/4 oz Fortaleza Reposado
- .5 Benedictine Liqueur
- 2-3 dashs Regans orange bitters
Stir all ingredients in a beaker and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with an orange twist.