- 1.5 oz Pierre Ferrand Ambre Cognac
- .5 oz Fonseca Port Bin 27
- ½ oz clover honey syrup
- ½ oz aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 oz cantaloupe juice
I know what you are thinking, “ Really?! Balsamic vinegar in a cocktail?” Let me go over the tasting notes:
- Pierre Ferrand Ambre Cognac – Think apricots and figs lightly drizzled with sweet honey and a touch of orange citrus.
- Fonseca Port Bin 27 – With the first sip ripe plum, and array of dark berries with a peppery finish explode in your mouth.
- Balsamic vinegar amplifies the plum and fig notes while sweet, juicy cantaloupe and clover honey take away any lingering bite.
I was on a friend’s porch in Napa having this cocktail and looking over the valley. It was delightful.