I have spent all weekend testing turkey recipes for Thanksgiving. There are plenty of leftovers so if you come over, please come on an empty stomach. Since turkey with cranberry sauce is one of my favorite parts of the whole dinner, I made this little cocktail to go with it. Cheers!
- 2.5 oz. Wild Turkey Bourbon
- 1 oz. Cranberry Syrup
- 2-3 dashes Angostura
Add all ingredients in a beaker with ice. Stir well. Fine strain into a rocks glass over an ice block. Garnish with cranberries and an orange peel.
- 1 cup cranberry preserves
- 1 cup fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- Leaves from three springs of mint
- 1/4 tsp. fresh minced peeled ginger
Combine all ingredients over medium heat. Let simmer ten minutes. Fine strain into an airtight container.